Tuesday 10 June 2008

I Dream in Large Format

I found this old lens from a broken 135 slide projector that had been hanging around my room for years, and it gave me an idea. I had held it up to the light before the protected an image onto the palm of mt hand before. But it just dawned to me that I could make a camera! It's a big aperture (about 2.? I think) and gives nice soft edges and focuses beautifully!

I got a couple of old shelves, sanded all the layers of paint off and smoothed them down. Cut them all up on the band saw and I'm currently in the process of fitting the bit together.

The lens, being from a protector, has a nice wide thread on it, perfect for a chunky camera! I added a little bit of ply wood in the make a good enough thread and it moves nicely. I'm going to add black felt insulation around the edges to make it light tight then away we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home